Friday, January 6, 2012

Clarity of Vision, Focus And Personal Development Are Often Masked bythe Sun

Focus, Clarity and Personal Development is the Triangle of Love.


Face it, we are overwhelmed with instantaneous news and content that blasts our senses with information at such a rapid pace, it is a wonder we get anything done at all. It is almost as though, in the world of smartphones, tablets and instant everything, clarity is overload. It as if we are being told that unless we have the information we need RIGHT NOW, we can't function in today's modern society. Clarity, vision and personal development, it seems, hinge on the amount of information you have, not the simplicity of it all.

Now, trust me, I am not a “You kids get off of my lawn” kind of guy. I am a tech person thru-and-thru. I love gadgets and, quite frankly do all my pursuits online and with technology, so I understand the temptation to depend on your very thinking with the overload that is today’s world.

But as I sit and type this, I look out my window on what appears to be a beautiful, sunny day. But what the sun is masking in all of its information overload of brightness is that when I step outside to go on my daily bike ride, the sun didn’t tell me it was cold.

You see, the sun overloaded my senses with its brightness but failed to give me clarity. It was only until I garnered my own experience and perspective, did I see the usefulness of clarity. It was only when I set about on my personal development, in this case health by riding my bike, did i understand that i needed to protect myself from the cold.

It is that time of year when we are hyper-focused on “getting it right”, whatever that means, and setting goals and plans and dreams and riches and success and blah, blah, blah. But what really needs to happen here is your putting on the sunglasses and deciding for yourself what is right for you.

This is the only Now Moment you have and it is the time when clarity is not decided by the world telling you because of a certain season of the calendar year that you should do this or that.

Remember that your goals are Opening Nights. They are out there only as a reminder that you want to entertain the masses when the curtain opens. But that that opening curtain is only going to matter in this Now Moment. This Now Moment when you are clear and focused on your part only. While the other actors in your play may surprise you in their acting from time to time, you will never be thrown off as you know YOU so well that you can get them back on track, if needed because of your focus and clarity.

Clarity, Focus and Personal Development are the three sides of the triangle that keep you grounded in this Now Moment, so, put on your sun glasses and decide for yourself that this is the moment that matters most.

Set Opening Night, but don’t live there. Forgive the rehearsal nights of the past that may you may have been “off” as we all have our off nights where it seems as if we just don’t have a rhythm. Forgive yourself and others for it makes the journey better.

That’s the beauty of rehearsal, to become excellence in this Now Moment. Make clarity, focus and personal development your triangle that envelops your success and your Opening Night will be filled with accolades.

Let me know your thoughts below, get on the newsletter list HERE, and share with your friends, for the more people we have living successfully in this Now Moment and discussing the value of doing so, the higher we lift all others around us.
*******

directyourownlife@gmail.comDA Southern is a Now Moment coach, teaching the spirit of living in Now Moments with the principles he experienced during over 35 years as an actor and director in live theatre. DA coaches his clients to rid life of limiting beliefs that have kept them from achieving miracles in all areas of their life by embracing the beauty of this Now Moment with a renewed passion for life. Contact DA Southern for coaching directyourownlife@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Get involved and let me know what you think.